Donia Jemail is an International relations and Communication expert. With a bachelor’s degree in English Language from the Higher Institute of Languages of Tunis and an MBA from the Mediterranean School of Business (accredited by AMBA, London), Donia has over 22 years of working experience. Her cross-sectoral proficiency in Communications and International relations stems from her skills and positions she held in international development, Government, Nonprofit Organizations, Hospitality Industry, and humanitarian institutions.
Donia’s full time career as a communications professional started in 2001 within the Tunisian National Tourist Office (TNTO) where she was Program Officer within the Marketing Department. During her years at the TNTO she was subsequently responsible for the promotion of the Tunisian tourism in the Benelux, America, Asia, British and German markets.
Following this position, she shifted her interest to the non-profit industry after her experience in 2000 with the American Red Cross in South Korea.
In 2004, she integrated the International Planned Parenthood Federation as media officer for the Arab World Regional office. In her two-year office tenure, she closely worked with all relevant partners to ensure high visibility of the institution’s strategy and action plan.
By 2006, Donia moved on to the World Bank as Communication specialist where she has worked on institutional and development Communications, Outreach and Corporate relations till early 2018. As such, she continued to strengthen and refine her communications and international relations know-how and already garnered expertise in a cross-sectoral manner. She has developed an extensive network within the MENA and Maghreb region with a variety of partners whether governments, media, bilateral and multilateral partners, private sector, CSOs, Parliamentarians, Decision makers, social network activists etc.
Key qualifications :
- Communications skills, strategy development, and result achievements,
- Understanding and implementing capacity of national, sub-regional and regional programs,
- Expertise in cross-sectoral communication planning and management with operational and field related experience,
- Extensive networking capacity,
- Knowledge and understanding of local and regional cultures as well as the political, socioeconomic, and development issues; and
- Know-how for inter-agency partnerships, coordination and program implementation within multilateral or bilateral institutions.
Working languages : Arabic, French and English.